Monday, September 7, 2009

Thank You For Reading

Well, it is now a year since I started this blog. I did not begin with any stated objective, and it probably became quickly apparent that there was no unifying theme, no raison d'être nor any consistent guidelines behind my posts. It's been just another narcissistic personal blog, where I talk exclusively about myself, even as I pretend to discuss other topics.

My unspoken personal goal, however, in starting this was to see if I could actually keep myself writing at a semi-regular pace. After a year of this exercise, I've come to realize that it is neither very challenging nor very productive to write continuously about nothing.

Since it is at least kind of fun, I'll keep on in this manner until it stops being so. When that happens, it will just happen, and then I'll try to post only when I actually have things to say. If you've been following the trend over the last several months toward increasing inanity, you can likely guess that that would mean a drastic decrease in the frequency of updates. It probably became evident, around the time I resorted to posting my impressions of months-old video game demos, that I was grasping at topics.

So that's the "state of the blog," as it were. There remain no plans as such, and it will be back to the usual foolishness with the next post.

1 comment:

Czardoz said...

I will say that your blog is a shocking model of consistency, almost every month having 17 or 18 posts. I have 17 posts so far this year (which is far behind my average for last year).

"It's been just another narcissistic personal blog, where I talk exclusively about myself, even as I pretend to discuss other topics."

That is a "unifying theme," no?

You might re-envision your blog as something that requires regular writing about something.